The aim is: maximum inspiration and efficient ordering for buyers. “Christmasworld is the world’s most important order fair for seasonal and festive decorations. To ensure that this remains so in the future, we are creating a new and exciting mix of products from over 1,080 exhibitors”, explains Stephan Kurzawski, Senior Vice President, Messe Frankfurt Exhibition GmbH. “We are taking advantage of the opportunities offered by the new Hall 12 in the western section of the Exhibition Centre to provide a circular tour for buyers. At the same time, new experiential concepts in the halls will generate impulses for our extremely heterogeneous visitor target groups.”
With their wide ranges of products – from hand-blown Christmas-tree baubles to large-scale lighting installations for shopping malls and town centres – exhibitors reach trade buyers from all different channels of distribution. From little gift shops to shopping centres, from DIY stores and building suppliers to furniture and furnishings retailers, from florists to garden centres and even representatives of local and municipal authorities, as well as hotels and visual merchandising companies – our visitors are all looking for inspiration at Christmasworld. At the same time, exhibitors benefit from the growing international participation in the event, with visitors to the last event coming to Frankfurt from 129 different countries.
Behind the growth of Christmasworld is also the fact that Christmas decorations in the retail trade and in town centres are becoming increasingly important – the buzzword being ‘an atmospheric shopping experience’. And what is popular with the retail trade also works for the trade-fair experience. “With the continued growth and future oriented nature of Christmasworld, we are not only responding to the increasing demand for exhibition space on the part of the exhibitors. We also want to consolidate our leading role as a trendsetter and as a trade fair, focused on the placing and taking of orders, whilst, at the same time, enhancing the impression of the fair as an event,” says Eva Olbrich, Director of Christmasworld at Messe Frankfurt Exhibition GmbH. So, the complementary programme at Christmasworld is to be integrated into the halls – together with the Christmasworld Trends or the Special Show – to create additional inspiration and attract even greater numbers of visitors. Floradecora, the marketplace for fresh flowers, decorative plants and pre-made flower arrangements will continue to make its presence felt in the Galleria at the heart of Christmasworld.
New hall layout provides for maximum inspiration and efficient ordering for buyers in diverse target groups
Each hall will get a new exhibitor layout, which will be developed afresh and based around a ‘centerpiece’. The centerpieces will be different in kind for each hall. They might consist of a special exhibition area, a complementary programme of events or a networking or restaurant / café area.
- Galleria is the setting for Floradecora, the marketplace for fresh flowers and decorative plants. The new “retail boulevard” offers inspiration for attractively decorating sales space in garden centres, super markets, furniture stores, flower shops and DIY markets.
- The product groups ‘Florists’ requisites & Garden decoration’, ‘Candles & Fragrances’ and ‘Ribbons & Wrapping’ will continue to be located in Hall 8.0, albeit with a new layout. The many companies taking part will include, for example, Arpimex, Boltze Gruppe, Decostar, Dijk Droogbloemen, Edelman, Heembloemex, Jodeco Glass, Kaemingk, Kunstgewerbe Gehlmann, National Tree Company, Othmar Decorations, Piovaccari, Pusteblume and Wiedemann.
Christmas Delights with confectionary and culinary gifts for the season will form the centerpiece.
- Hall 9.0 will, in future, house the ‘Visual merchandising & Light’ and ‘Christmas & Seasonal decoration’ sections, thus combining two very successful product groups. The exhibitors will include Blachere, Global Concept, Gnosjö Konstmide, Ilmex, Inge´s Christmas Decor, Krebs Glas Lauscha, Krinner, MK Illumination, Riffelmacher & Weinberger, Sirius and Weihnachtsland.
The Premium Business Program takes place in the directly adjacent Hall 8.1, room Symmetrie.
- Hall 11.0 brings together two major areas of emphasis, ‘Christmas & Seasonal decoration’ and ‘Florists’ requisites & Garden decoration’, in a new combination to offer inspiration on the highest plane. Among the companies taking part will be, for example, DPI, Dagmara, Enzo de Gasperi, Exotica Cor Mulder, Fink, Gasper, Goodwill, Inge´s Christmas Decor, Jasaco, J. Kersten, Kaheku, Räder, Shisi, Wendt & Kühn, Werner Voß and Weihnachtsland.
The centerpiece here is to be the Christmasworld Trends 2019/20, which provide inspiration for the colours and materials of the upcoming season.
The Christmasworld Forum with specialist lectures and workshops on current topics remains in the foyer of Hall 11.0.
- ‘Christmas & Seasonal decoration’ will also move into the new Hall 12.0. In practical terms, this means: Spring, Easter, Autumn and Halloween decorations. Additionally, the popular folk art from Germany’s Ore Mountains is to be found here.
The exhibitors in Hall 12 include, for example, Bukowski Design, Christmas Inspirations, Coen Bakker Deco, Det Gamle Apotek, Due Esse Christmas, AM Design, Baden, Casablanca, Gilde, Goldbach, Hoff and Koopman International.
The centerpiece here is the special show “Kinemona Vintage”, which presents exemplary storytelling at the point of sale.
- With ‘Christmasworld International Sourcing’, Hall 12.1 is home to individual presentations and national pavilions, and includes manufacturers from Egypt, China, Hong Kong, India, Japan, the Philippines, Sri Lanka, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Ukraine and Vietnam covering all product areas.
This pioneering new concept for Christmasworld will encourage visitors to become aware of new aspects and approaches. The new combination of products will provide stimulating ideas and is, at the same time, a perfect framework for further growth in exhibitor numbers. Christmasworld has always been, and continues to be, the major trendsetter for seasonal and festive decoration and will, in 2019, be opening up new prospects for a successful future.
Note for journalists:
You will find further information and high-resolution photographs on the internet at christmasworld.messefrankfurt.com
Press releases & images:
Christmasworld: Seasonal Decoration at its best
Christmasworld is the world’s most important order venue for the international decoration and festive articles sector. Held annually in Frankfurt, it presents the latest products and trends for all festivities of the year and provides innovative concept ideas for decorating large-scale and outdoor areas for the wholesale and retail trades, shopping centres, DIY markets and the green sector. The last event was attended by 1,048 exhibitors from 43 countries and over 43,400 visitors from 129 countries (including Floradecora). Christmasworld is characterised by the complete spectrum of festive decorations while a wide-ranging complementary programme with Trend Show, special exhibitions, events and expert lectures is a valuable and informative source of supplementary inspiration for everyday business life in the sector.
Background information on Messe Frankfurt
Messe Frankfurt is the world’s largest trade fair, congress and event organiser with its own exhibition grounds. With more than 2,500* employees at 30 locations, the company generates annual sales of around €715* million. Thanks to its far-reaching ties with the relevant sectors and to its international sales network, the Group looks after the business interests of its customers effectively. A comprehensive range of services – both onsite and online – ensures that customers worldwide enjoy consistently high quality and flexibility when planning, organising and running their events. The wide range of services includes renting exhibition grounds, trade fair construction and marketing, personnel and food services. With its headquarters in Frankfurt am Main, the company is owned by the City of Frankfurt (60 percent) and the State of Hesse (40 percent).
For more information, please visit our website at: www.messefrankfurt.com
*preliminary figures 2018